Bachelor Courses Only
Award of Degree
HITEC University, awards undergraduate/graduate degree to the students who satisfy the following conditions:-
- Have completed the minimum credit hours as per approval of PEC/HEC for each program.
- Have achieved a minimum CGPA of 2.00, 2.50 and 3.00 for Bachelors’, Masters’ and Ph.D. programs respectively.
- Have no unclear ‘F’ grade.
- Have cleared all dues.
Conditions for Academic Deficiencies
A student who obtains one or more of the following grades in a regular semester final result is considered academically deficient, namely:-
- ‘F’ grade in any subject.
- Semester GPA less than 2.00, 2.50 and 3.00 for Bachelors’, Masters’ and Ph.D. programs respectively, in first semester only
- CGPA is less than 2.00, 2.50 and 3.00 for Bachelors’, Masters’ and Ph.D. programs respectively.
- 'I’ (Incomplete) grade in any course.
- Probation. Probation means that a student is deficient in academic standards and is either likely to be relegated or withdrawn from the program.
- Relegation. Relegation means that the student is asked to join the next junior class when recommended by the Board of Faculty. It can be on academic, medical or disciplinary grounds.
- Withdrawal. Withdrawal means that a student is considered unsuitable for further studies and shall be deregistered from University rolls.
Disposal of Academically Deficient Bachelor Students
A student is placed on academic probation under any of the following conditions, if:-
- First semester GPA is equal to or more than 0.75 but below 2.00.
- CGPA at the end of second semester is equal to or more than 1.50 but below 2.00.
- CGPA in third or subsequent semesters is below 2.00 but does not qualify for relegation.
- Fails in a subject(s)
A student is relegated under any of the following conditions, if:-
- The second semester CGPA is equal to or more than 1.25 but below 1.50.
- From third and in subsequent semesters, obtains CGPA less than 2.00 in two consecutive regular semesters.
- On medical or disciplinary grounds.
- Recommended on medical grounds will not be counted towards withdrawal.
A student is withdrawn from the University subject to any of the conditions listed below:-
- At the end of the first semester, obtains GPA below 0.75.
- At the end of first two semesters secures CGPA below 1.25.
- Earns relegation after being placed on relegation twice except as provided in the rules.
- On disciplinary ground or using unfair means in the examination.