Dr. HAFIZ ASHIQ HUSSAIN
HEC approved supervisor
Personal Details Academic Summary
Dr. HAFIZ ASHIQ HUSSAIN PhD (Physical electronics) Telecom Engineering
Sadiq House, opposite university BUPT China, 2011
West gate, Rehber colony, M.Sc Electrical Engineering UET Taxila (3.3 GPA) 2003
HMC road, TAXILA, PAKISTAN M.Sc Telecom Engineering UET Peshawar (3.5 GPA) 2008
Phone # (Res.) +92-51-4904469 B.Sc. Electrical Engineering UET Taxila (74 %) 1999
Mobile # +92-3349293039 PEC No. ELECT/16166
A challenging and rewarding career where teamwork, enthusiasm, initiative and hardworking will lead to increasing responsibilities and to communicate my teaching technical/research knowledge and expertise to new generation of engineers for their active contribution in development of engineering industry and Islamic world.
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE (19 Years)
- (3.5 Years) Presently working as Associate Professor & Chairman (Electrical Engineering Departments) HITEC University Taxila (March 2015- till date).
- (2.5 Years) Worked as Associate Professor & Chairman (Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering Departments) The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan (September 2012- March 2015).
- (5 Years) Worked as Assistant Professor (faculty of Electrical Engineering) HITEC University Taxila, Pakistan (fall-2007- September 2012).
- Worked as Assistant Professor (HOD Telecommunication Engineering department) at HITEC University Taxila (2007-2008).
- (1 Years) Worked as Assistant Professor, (Communication Engineering Department) at Riphah University Islamabad (2007).
- (4 Years) Worked as “Assistant Divisional Engineer” in Pakistan Telecommunication Company LTD (PTCL), December 2002 to January 23, 2007.
- (3 Years) Worked as “Instrumentation & Control Engineer” E&I Department of Dewan Salman Fiber LTD Hattar, Haripur, June 1999 to December 2002.
- Chairman Department of Electrical Engineering Department, Implementation of OBE as per guidelines by PEC, successful accreditation on OBE, NCRC member.
- Chairman, Department of Electrical Engineering and Department of Telecommunication Engineering, UCET of IUB Pakistan.
- HOD, Department of Telecommunication Engineering HITEC University Taxila (2007-2008), design electrical engineering curriculum for undergraduate, engineering labs establishment, accreditation by governing bodies.
- Served as Chairman/Member of various academic/extra-curricular activities boards, director student affairs, identifying students for needy/merit scholarships.
- Member Academic Council and various Boards of Studies for different universities.
- Established research groups at postgraduate students and faculty levels.
- Establishing laboratories equipped with updated equipment for electrical engineering undergraduate program.
- Curriculum design for undergraduate and postgraduate Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunications flavors of Engineering as per directions of HEC.
- Upgrading Engineering programs as per directions of PEC.
RESEARCH AND TEACHING / EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Researched on Nonlinear optics (silicon photonics) and actively participated in projects regarding all optical amplification, Parametric amplification, optical wavelength conversion, radio on fiber, long haul transmission, optical signal processing, information photonics and crystal fiber applications during and after PhD.
- Research and development projects under supervision are, Focal person by IUB for 100 MW solar project at Solar Park Bahawalpur, 2.5MW solar plant at IUB, 6 units for PNSSP-1 (Pakistan National Students Satellite Project-1), High Voltage and Power Simulation lab establishment at IUB, 3D-Display without glasses at Beijing China, Proposal for establishing Pakistan Institute of Technology at IUB Bahawalpur and post graduate power related projects.
- Worked as visiting lecturer of ‘Digital Logic Design’ and “Communication Systems” subjects in English for Chinese teachers at ‘Beijing Science and Technology University’, China during PhD.
- Administration of the Telecommunication Engineering Department, Course Curriculum and Laboratory Development, Teaching various subjects in Electronics, Telecommunication and Electrical Engineering Departments, Supervising and Examining Under-Graduate research projects, Member Board of Studies at Riphah and HITEC Universities for curriculum development, Incharge examination for semester systems, Member Selection Committee for recruitment of Lecturers in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Teaching as Assistant Professor Electrical at Riphah University Islamabad for one year and worked as visiting lecturer at Imperial College of Technology and Beacon House Informatics Islamabad for two and half years.
- Acquired valuable skills for teaching and lecture deliverance methodology during seven months training at Telecom Staff College Haripur.
- Has been involved in training of fresh engineers and orientation seminars to visiting educational institutes in Dewan Salman Fiber for two years and in PTCL for four years.
Subjects of interest
Electrical Machines, Power Distribution and Utilization
Research Methodologies Communication Systems,
Telecom Switching & Principles Power Transmission
Wireless Communication, EMT,
Fiber Optics, Basic Electrical Engineering
INDUSTRIAL & TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE (8 years)
1: December 2002 to Jan 2007 Pakistan Telecommunication Ltd (PTCL)
* Maintaining smooth operation of Main Switching Unit (EWSD & AXE10) at Taxila Division consisting twenty thousands subscribers including six Remote digital exchanges.
* Maintaining Power plants and Battery backup units at MSU and six Remote DLUs in proper running condition.
* Operation, maintenance and expansion of outside plant as per demand.
* Air conditioning, Fire alarm system and security matters.
* Managing staff for smooth operation and increasing revenue for company.
2: June 1999 to December 2002 Dewan Salman Fiber Ltd.
* Worked as instrument and control engineer with Dewan Salman Fiber Ltd. Hattar, and was involved in Erection, Installation, Commissioning and start up of POLYACRYLIC Fiber a continuous process petrochemical Plant with vendors NOYVALLISINA (Italy).
* Involved in Erection, Installation, Commissioning and startup of 90-TPH boiler vendors HMC & ABB with 7.5 MW Turbine Generator vendors TOYODENKI (Japan).
* Installation, commissioning and operation of DCS by Fisher Rosemount, DELTA_V system, Windows NT ver.4.0
* Worked as Quality Control officer for electronic measuring instruments.
* Hands on experience & trouble shooting of computerized control systems & DCS.
* Have been managing staff for smooth operation of plant, routine shutdowns and emergencies.
* One and half month training in China for optical fiber system (OFAN) and SDH by ZTE Corporation China.
* 4-week’s advance course for EWSD ver.12 Digital exchange for operation & maintenance of switch at telecom staff college Haripur, Pakistan.
* 7-months successful training as Assistant Divisional Engineer covering technical as well as management courses of present and future needs.
* 4-weeks management training covering Finance, Marketing, HMR and Customer Care by Excellence at Telecom Staff College Haripur, Pakistan.
* 3-months on job training for DCS Fisher Rosemount by NOYVALLESINA Italy in Pakistan at Dewan Salman Fiber Hattar as control engineer.
* Pakistan Engineering council (PEC).
* IEEE Communication Society (founder advisor at IUB)
* HEC approved PhD supervisors.
* International Conference on Physics Science and Technology (ICPST).
* Institute of research promotion (IRP).
* Author aid Society.
* Optical Society of America
* Optics & Photonics CONNECT
JOURNAL RESEARCH PAPERS/CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS/BOOKS (21+6+1)
- Hussain, Ashiq; Sang, Xinzhu; Yu, Chongxiu; Liu, Bo; Freeha “Active and passive devices based on Silicon-on-insulator waveguides” Publisher: Bentham Science Publishers. Publication: Journals, Recent Patents on Engineering, Volume 5, Number 1, Pp. 68-79, April 2011. ISSN: 1872-2121,
- Ashiq Hussain, Xin Zhu Sang, Freeha, Chong Xiu Yu, et al, “Optimization of optical wavelength conversion in SOI waveguide” Publisher: Trans Tech Publications Publication: Journals, Applied Mechanics and Materials (Vol. 110 - 116), Pp. 4498-4504, DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.110-116.4498, 2012,
- Abid Munir, Xin Xiangjun, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “Coherent optical systems: Principles, Contemporary implementations and future challenges for high data rate communication”. Publisher: Bentham Science Publishers. Publication: Journals, Volume 5, Number 1, Pp. 1-16, April 2011. ISSN: 18722121, Holland.
- Ying Wang , Xin-zhu Sang, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “Performance Analysis of the silicon waveguide-based wavelength converter” Publisher: Springer Verlag, Tianjin University of Technology. Publication: Journals, Optoelectronics Letters, Volume 7, Issue 2, Pp. 96-100, March 2011. ISSN: 1673-1905,
- Aftab Hussain, YU Chong-xiu, Ashiq Hussain et al, “A novel duplex WDM-PON with DPSK modulated downstream and re-modulation of the downlink signal for OOK upstream” Publisher: Springer Verlag, Tianjin University of Technology. Publication: Journals, Optoelectronics Letters, Volume 8, Issue 2, Pp. 134-137, March 2011. ISSN: 1673-1905, China.
- Abdul Latif, Abid Munir, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “An AWG based colorless WDM-PON with RZ-DPSK Modulated Downstream and Re-Modulation of the Downlink Signal for OOK Upstream” Publisher: Springer Verlag. Publication: Journals, Frontiers of optoelectronics in china, Volume 5, Issue 3, Pp. 298-305. ISSN (Print): 2095-4594, ISSN (Online): 1674-4594 September 1, 2012, Germany.
- Abdul latif, Xiangjun Xin, Ashiq Hussain et al, “Application of cost effective chirp-managed directly modulated laser in AWG based 10 Gb/s colorless WDM-PON” Publisher: Springer Verlag, Tianjin University of Technology. Publication: Journals, Optoelectronics Letters, Volume 8, Issue 5, Pp. 372-375. ISSN (Print): 1673-1905, ISSN (Online):1993-5013, 2012, China.
- Abdul latif, Xiangjun Xin, Ashiq Hussain et al, “A Performance Based Comparative Analysis of High Speed electro absorption and mach-zehnder modulators to mitigate chromatic dispersion at 140 GHz millimeter wave” Publisher: Advanced institute of convergence IT (AICIT). Publication: Journals, Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences (AISS). ISSN: 1673-1905, Korea.
- Abid Munir, Xin Xiangjun, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “Comprehensive numerical analysis of mode coupling in few mode fibers for mode multiplexed transmission” Publisher: Advanced institute of convergence IT (AICIT). Publication: Journals, Research Notes in Information Science (RNIS), Volume 10, Pp. 63-72. ISSN: 2093-1956, November 2012. Korea.
- Aftab Hussain, Xin Xianjun, Ashiq Hussain et al, “A Symmetric 10Gbps/λ colorless WDM-PON” Publisher: Springer Verlag, Tianjin University of Technology. Publication: Journals, Optoelectronics Letters, December 2012.
- Jameel Ahmed, Ashiq Hussain, Freeha, et al, “Optical signal processing using four wave mixing in highly nonlinear silicon nano-wire” Publisher: Elsevier Publication: Journals, OPTIK, International journal for light and electron optics, volume 124, issue 18, year 2013, pp. 3439 - 3442. ISSN: 0030-4026, UK.
- Hassan Ali, Faiz Rasool, Ashiq Hussain, “Factors Reducing Call Blocking Probability by Exploiting Erlang B &C Formulas”, Journals, IJSER, Vol. 4, Issue 4, ISSN 2229-5518, April 2013 USA.
- Aftab Hussain, Xin Xianjun, Ashiq Hussain et al, “A novel symmetric 10Gbits/s architecture with a single feeder WDM-PON based on chirp-managed laser” Publisher: Springer Verlag, Tianjin University of Technology. Publication: Journals, Optoelectronics Letters, vol.8, No.6, 1 November 2012.
- Aftab Hussain, Xin Xianjun, Ashiq Hussain et al, “A novel colorless WDM-PON with a Symmetric 10 Gbps RZ-DPSK data signal by exploiting a frequency quadrupling OCS mechanism” Publisher: Springer Verlag, Tianjin University of Technology. Publication: Journals, Optoelectronics Letters.
- Jameel Ahmed, Ashiq Hussain et al, “Parametric Analysis of Four Wave Mixing in DWDM Systems”, Publisher: Elsevier Publication: Journals, OPTIK, International journal for light and electron optics UK, 2014.
- Fizza Shah, Ashiq Hussain et al, “Experimental Analysis and Reduction of FWM using Optical Rectangle filter for WDM”, Mehran University Research Journal Of Engineering & Technology ISSN 0254-7821, 2015.
- Habib ul Allah, Ashiq Hussain et al, “Complete Mitigation of Four Wave Mixing in DWDM Optical Networks”, Publisher: Elsevier Publication: Journals, OPTIK, International journal for light and electron optics UK, 2014.
- M. Reza Dousti, Muhammad Amjad, Ashiq Hussain, Raja J. Amjad, S. F. Shaukat “Enhanced near-infrared emission of Er3+-doped tellurite glass containing silver nanoparticles” Chalcogenide Letters, Romania, 2016.
- M Riaz, J Ahmed, RA Shah, A Hussain – “Novel Secure Pseudorandom Number generator Based on Duffing Map”, Wireless Personal Communications, US, 2018.
- HU Manzoor, A Hussain, CX Yu, T Manzoor, “Complete suppression of FWM in ultra dense WDM-PON optical networks using centralized light source” Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics & Materials 24 (04), UK, 2015.
- Muhammad Ali Qureshi, Usama Zahoor, Asjad Amin, Kashif Hussain Memon, and Ashiq Hussain, “Performance Comparison of Global Navigational Satellite Systems”. Vol. 17 No. 12 pp. 99-107, UK, 2017.
Waiting for acceptance
- Habib ul Allah, Ashiq Hussain et al, “Parametric Investigation of Four Wave Mixing in Duplex Ultra Dense WDM-PON Optical Networks using Centralized Light Source”, Elsevier Publication: Journals, OPTIK, International journal for light and electron optics UK (Revised manuscript submitted)
- Usman Sardar, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “Impact of Solar Energy Based Power Grid for Future Prospective of Pakistan”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE) (submitted)
- Usman Sardar, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “A review of technology roadmaps for commercialization of solar photo-voltaic energy systems”, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, , (submitted)
- Hussain, A and Sang, XZ and Yu, CX and et al, “Performance analysis of wavelength conversion in SOI waveguides” Proceedings of SPIE 2010, the International Society for Optical Engineering, ISBN-13: 978-0-8194-8379-9,
- Faiz rasool, Ashiq Hussain, et al, “Passenger Identification &Automatic Fare Collection System Using RFID& FPGA Technologies for Metro Bus System in Lahore, Pakista” ICSEM 2014, Paris,
- Ashiq Hussain, Xin Zhu Sang, Chong Xiu Yu, et al, “Optimization of Optical Wavelength Conversion in SOI Waveguide” The International Conference on Physics Science and Technology (ICPST 2010), S085, December 2010. Hong Kong.
- Jameel Ahmed, Freeha, Ashiq Hussain, Xinzhu Sang, Chongxiu Yu, “Optical Signal Processing Using Four Wave Mixing in Highly Nonlinear Silicon Nano-wire” IPMS 2012,
- Usman Sardar,Ashiq Hussain, et al, “ "A Review of Technology Roadmaps for Commercialization of Solar Photovoltaic Energy Systems" International Conference on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods (January 26-27, ICNFF 20152015), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia"
- Syed Imran Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Usman Sardar and Ashiq Hussain
“Multi pulse GTO-Based Unified Power Flow Controller for Power System stability”, ICEET-2015.
- Optical Signal Processing by Silicon photonics, ISBN 978-981-4560-10-8, 31st August 2013, Springer.
Conferences, workshops, seminars and training conducted/arranged
- Attended 4-days training workshop at NFC Multan by HEC on Performance Management for Universities December 2014.
- Member organizing team for International Conference on Renewable Energy Sources (ICRES) at The Islamia University of Bahawalpur in February 2014.
- Took part in international conference by SPIE at Beijing, China in September 2010.
- Took part in international conference on “Information Photonics and Optical Communication” at Beijing in March 2010.
- Took Part actively in 2nd Vice Chancellor’s conference 2013 at Islamabad and signed MOUs with internal universities of the world.
- Took part in managing International conference for “Computer science and Technologies” at Serena Hotel Islamabad, By The Islamia University of Bahawalpur in December 2013.
- Attended Asia Communications and Photonics Conference (ACP’2013) in Beijing, November 2013, China.
- International Conference on Information Photonics and Optical Communications (IPOC’2013), November 2013, China.
- International symposium on 3-D Display and imaging at Beijing Institute of Technology, November 2013, China.
- Conducted a workshop on Nonlinear Photonics in BUPT, November 2013, China.
- Attended a workshop on Optical sensors at BUPT, November 2013, China.
- Attended a workshop on Natural Resource Management by NCRD Islamabad, October 2013.
- Conducted workshop on “Publishing your Research” at HITEC University, Taxila, May 2012.
- Conducted workshop on Optical communication at UCET of IUB, April 2013.
- Conducted Workshop on “Solar Energy Solutions for Pakistan”, May 2014.
- ICT funding for FYPs.
- Initiated IUB and BUPT Collaboration project, November 2013, MOU signed and focal person nominated by IUB for implementations.
- Initiated collaboration projects with 10 international universities for Engineering College of IUB, September 2013.
- Started work on Bahawalpur Institute of Emerging Technologies, Center for Telecommunication Technologies. A project by Islamic bank for Pakistan, December 2013.
- Focal person for the project of Pakistan National Student Satellite-1 (PNSS-1) by SUPARCO at IUB.
- Focal person for 2.5MW solar plant at IUB.
- Many more along with undergraduate and post graduate final year projects/thesis.
* Prof. Dr. Yu Chongxiu
Faculty of Physical Electronics
Key lab of Information Photonics and Optical communication
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
* Prof. Dr. Sang Xinzhu
Faculty of Physical Electronics
Key lab of Information Photonics and Optical communication
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications