General Library Rules
The University library is provided for the benefit of members of HITEC University. Any person considered to be acting in a way detrimental to this purpose will be excluded from use of the facilities.
- Silence must be maintained in areas designated as “Quiet” areas and in any event noise should be kept to reasonable levels and as appropriate to the designated area. Please do not make a noise.
- Use of cellular phones, smoking, eating and drinking are not permitted.
- Users are not allowed to reserve seats in the library.
- The library staff will remove books and other materials left unattended for long periods on the table.
- Although adequate storage facility is provided at the entrance of library, however the library is not liable for the loss of any items stored. Apart from files and books, bags, umbrella and parcel etc should be placed outside.
- Upon leaving the Library, all users are required to produce for inspection all books and items taken out of the Library.
- The Library staff has the right to request a user to leave the premises if the user violates the rules.
- Library members are not allowed in staff work areas unless accompanied by a member of the library staff.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- In the event or any other visit of an emergency requiring closure of the Library, all the members must leave immediately upon being asked to do so by the librarian.
- The Librarian may amend the Library Rules and Regulations as and when necessary.
- The Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.