Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC)
The HITEC University Taxila, Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) has started its humble working in 2014 with the focuses to foster and develop collaborative work environment among researchers, industrial partners, national R&D organizations and funding agencies.
Since its inception, the office is facilitating value-added innovation in both basic and applied research. According to triple helix program, it aims to develop and commercialize promising innovative processes, products, and technologies according to market-driven requirements in shortest possible time.
The ORIC at HITEC University, Taxila operates in the following dimensions:
- Enhancing research culture
- Promoting inter/cross disciplinary research
- Building university – industry linkages
- Inculcating entrepreneurship among researchers
- Generating intellectual property through research, innovation, and commercialization
- Establishing technology/innovation/business parks
Dr. Khalid Mahmood